Tire Inflator Used to Fix a Flat Causes Tire Explosion

Cherry vs. CSA, Ltd.

The Willis Law Firm - Actual Case

One afternoon at a Chervon station in Houston, Texas, a young teenage worker was approached by a customer, a Harris County Sheriff, and asked if he could fix his tire. Upon inspection our client found and removed the nail in the tire and asked the man if he wanted to have it patched or plugged. The Deputy Sheriff said "plugging it is fine." Our client then proceeded to clean out the puncture hole with a tire reamer (similar to an ice pick), when suddenly the tire exploded. Our client was propelled almost 20 feet backwards and suffered multiple injuries. He was hospitalized for approximately 3 months. The deputy sheriff required a knee surgery from the flying shrapnel of the tire. After extensive research, the client's family hired David P. Willis of Houston, Texas to represent their son and litigate against CSA, Ltd. - the company that made the butane based tire inflator that had been used days before to "fix" the tire.

Attorney David Willis obtained a confidential settlement for Mr. Cherry and his family.

Serious Injury Legal Help

If you or a loved one have been seriously injured, or a loved one has been killed, as the result of a tire defect, tire failure, tread separation, tire blowout, rollover accident, or any other serious injury accident, then please call us to discuss your legal rights to a potential product liability lawsuit. Please fill out our online form or call us at 1-800-883-9858.

Fix-a-Flat and Tire Inflators:

These products contain flammable butane and propane as a propellant and can cause tire explosions.

Tire Explosion:

This tire exploded because friction between the tire reamer and the tire's rigid steel belts caused a spark which ignited the butane and propane within the tire.

Tire Explosion Debris:

The tire exploded with devastating force sending tire tread debris and shrapnel in all directions.

Tire Explosion Injuries:

Extensive injuries from a tire explosion left our client hospitalized for approximately three months.